Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting Ready!

We've been really busy here the last few weeks! There's been doctor appointments to update the kindergartener's immunizations, buying backpacks, school supplies and birthday presents.  My oldest's birthday is today!  He's definitely not a baby anymore, but he was my cutest one when born!

My husband also took time off work for a "staycation"!  It was nice to have him around!  He bought a few new toys, a Traeger and a gas grill.  Let me tell you about the gas grill.  We were at Costco shopping this Saturday.  We had a cart full of stuff going on.  Okay it wasn't full yet, but there was stuff for food storage and school lunches.  He got eggs and milk.  We were almost ready to leave and he ran into this grill. The markdown price got him thinking.  I want this (repeat a gazillion times in his head)!!  We put the eggs and milk back and he grabbed the corn on the cob, ditched the cart and headed to the shortest line possible at the front of the store!  He bought the corn and asked how to buy the barbeque too!  They called over someone to help so we didn't hold up the line.  The new guy said he thinks there's a few in boxes in the back & the hubby mentioned he still wants it if he can have the display! Yup, the display is the last one.  The two shorty's and I drove home to switch cars and brought back the gas guzzler and the oldest.  With the help of the employee the three got it in the car, just barely and we drove off!  The hubby kept looking behind him.  I asked what he was looking at and he said he wanted to make sure they didn't realize what a deal he got and thought maybe they were second thinking it!  Half price!  We felt like we robbed them!  I love a great deal!

This Sunday evening I finished my daughter's quilt.  The one I was going to finish in January, but never got around to it!  I'm impressed with how the finished look turned out!  Today the goal is to get backpacks ready for meet the teacher night for two kids and then I will pull out the camera to get pictures and will post them this week!  Tomorrow is the first day of school for all my kids!  Two in high school and the other two at elementary!  Just thinking about my baby makes me teary eyed!  How am I going to get him on the bus with no tears! He is so excited!  I am excited for him, but sad he is leaving me too all at the same time!  He is the only one I have been at home since day one (no work). I'm going to miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment