Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Saddened

Last week on Thursday during Spring Break a road was closed in the evening hours and thru the night.  Two sheriff SUV's, an ambulance and a big rig fire truck blocked the road off.  It happened around dinner time. We had no clue what happened. Sunday we drove by on our way home form the gas station and there were flowers on the side of the road. I'm all oh my gosh someone died there.  It's a little too close to home.  My elementary child brought home a letter yesterday.  She told me it was a crash, an older child said a car was backing out of its driveway; A bicycle rider was hit.  The child was in 5th grade. After reading the letter from the principal. It all made sense. My heart goes out to the family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncle, friends and more.  I could not imagine loosing a child and thank my Heavenly Father that he has kept my kids safe in all they do.

Last night as I got my daughter ready for bed, she wanted to say a special prayer for the family. We said a prayer for the lost friend and I said my own personal prayer before going to sleep.  She went right to sleep and slept real well.

Please parents at the weather gets nice and children are out playing, please watch them so this doesn't happen to them. To drivers, please slow down and watch for children playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment