Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Red Fabric, Vinegar & Kids

What does red fabric, vinegar and kids have in common? Keep reading to find out!

I pulled out some fabric this weekend to work on a small patriotic quilt for my craft swap.  I decided after the red fabric that I used colored my ironing board cover during the Christmas swap, I had to wash this.  I got a sink cleaned out and dumped in about half a bottle of vinegar and matched it with half water.


Here the fabric is soaking in the sink!  I am so glad I decided to treat the fabric before cutting and using it!



Look at all that red water!  I washed it too.   I can't wait to sew my project together and see what it looks like when it's all done!  I am so glad I didn't just use the fabric!  My ironing board would be red!

So while I was doing this my two little kids got a big green cup and decided to get a drink from the bathroom sink.  They were curious as to why the water was red and dipped their cup in and started sharing drinks!  Right off the bat my 7 year old came to me to tell me her lips were tingly and told me what they did. She did not like it! The 5 year old was another story!  I had to take away the cup!  He liked it and wanted  me to make him a drink!  GROSS!!  That finished the soaking & it went straight to the washer!

Have an awesome day whatever you are doing!

Happy Wednesday!  Halfway thru the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment