Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

We had these four bananas that didn't get eaten.  I planned on them being turned into banana bread, but I have no luck with making banana bread.  It just never seems to cook evenly.  The outside is always burnt and the middle smooshy.  I got smart and made muffins.  My youngest was very happy to help with smashing the bananas and the fourth one went into the trash before I could stop him.  He said it was too rotten! I think it was just really ripe!


Okay here's my recipe.  I don't have a specific one that I like but here is what I measured into the bowl, overly ripe bananas, sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder.



Here's the recipe, totally mine!

Banana Muffins (or Bread)
3  ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar (granulated, white)
1/4 brown sugar
2 eggs
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Dark Chocolate chips (about 3/4 of a cup)

Preheat oven 350. Smash up the bananas and add softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs. MIX well! After it is all mixed add in 2 cups of flour (don't mix yet). On top of the flour add the salt, baking soda, baking powder and fold it into the flour and then mix all together. Add chocolate chips!  Spray muffin tin with oil spray and adding about 1/3 of a cup of mixture together.  I used the jumbo muffin pans.  Bake approximately 30 minutes. Don't forget every oven varies!



I hope you try these!  YUM YUM! These were a big hit with the kids and my hubby! No nuts were added to these. Some of us here in this home is allergic to nuts!


Here's the final at the inside!  YUM! What have you baked for your family lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment