Thursday, May 9, 2013

Earning Money, The Little Kids

My youngest has been doing chores to earn money for Mother's Day.  He keeps telling me that he's going to sell snow cones to make money. A few weeks ago it was too cold to do that.  He forgot about that when I made cookies and told him maybe daddy wants to buy some from you. He filled a baggy full of cookies and went to wake up his dad.  He told his dad five bucks for the bag of cookies. He was quite upset. He told him why he wanted to earn some money. Daddy said he doesn't have five dollars. I whispered in my baby's ear try three dollars. He gets a big smile on his face and says three bucks daddy. I told the hubby you don't get the cookies if you don't pay up something.  He got his wallet and gave him the last three dollars. He made his son very happy. He started chirping what he was going to buy mom. I'm getting her a tomato plant and a pot and a bag of dirt!


And this week he is doing the dishes! He really wants to earn money for a Mother's Day present!


I hope he doesn't change his mind and decide he wants to buy some TMNT Legos or a different toy.

Even his big sister got jealous and wanted to earn money too.  She claims she is going to make more money than him!  She is my child that refuses to clean!  She picks up a pencil and notebook of paper and goes to work drawing when it is time to clean house. However she wanted to make money and decided all on her own she is going to make beds, so right before bedtime she made all the beds in the house.  When she got home from school the next day, she made everyone's beds again!! She did a pretty good job too!


She even gave me her favorite puppy to sleep with!

Is your children doing anything for Mother's Day for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment