Tuesday, May 21, 2013

White Sheet turned into...

I bought this twin size white sheet from Walmart a few months ago. I think it might have been February.  I've had it a while.  It was just a tad too small for the fancy ruffled curtain I was going to make for our master bathroom window.  I ended up using it for a cape for my baby girl's bug costume for the 1st grade play. 


Beautiful cape costume! My daughter loved it!  Fast and easy is what I loved about it!


I cut around a nightgown, cut right along the edge of the seam on the sheet to sew onto the cape part for the top tie, hot glued around the jumbo cotton balls. I didn't sew the sides.


I made a little "hat" for her too.  I just cut around a bandana and hot glued 3 cotton balls to it.  She loved it! Very proud of her cotton ball costume!

On another note the white sheet has also been used for a piece of quilt!  Maybe the backing too, I haven't decided yet. I still have a lot of sheet left!


I added another row to the side at the top of this picture.  I haven't decided what I am going to do next.  I wanted to do something fancy on the white but I am out of time! Well I have about 10 days left!  This is for a craft swap! I'll post more pictures once I finish it!

Stay safe from all the horrible disastrous weather out there. Our family and personal prayers are with those affected from the storms hitting the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment