Thursday, May 30, 2013

Patriotic Crafts

Friday is our deadline we have to have our crafts in the mail for our swap! One of my crafts stayed local and another one is on it's way to Florida! YAY! I'm such a procrastinator! Glad I wasn't mailing them on the last day! (Which is tomorrow by the way!) I finished these Wednesday but got them out of the house today!

The local swap buddy picked this craft!  She really liked both, but chose this!




Here is what the my other craft recipient is going to get!


Hooray it's done!  Here's another view of the quilt!



I love the stars on this quilt!  It really turned out awesome! This quilt was not made from a pattern, but a do as you go type of quilt.  Once squares were sewn together and formed rows and the rows formed the top and bottom and I added the white to the middle, same amount of fabric as the rows.  The stars I drew a star on the back of extra cut squares and cut. All stars are different! I love how it turned out! LOVE!!! I'm sad to give it away and I know my kids are mad at me (all fought over who got it), but I am NOT going to make another quilt for future craft swaps till I finish two quilts that I have for kids here at home! I will still join future craft swaps!

Have you made anything crafty lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment