Friday, February 15, 2013

Hello Friday!!!

Hooray it's Friday!  I love Fridays!  I really do!  It's been a really busy week here in our household.  The usual school stuff is happening, but my older kids have kept me on my toes all week. When things get hectic and the kids aren't listening and obeying I feel like there's a full moon out! I don't know if there is or not. The oldest hasn't really been behaving. I'm not going to go into what he's doing but he's grounded for two weeks. The next one down wont get his stuff packed for camp.  He's going snow cave camping with the other scouts & their leaders. Finally last night I told them all to leave me alone.  He asked if there was anything he could do to help. I asked him if he was willing to do anything. Yes mom.  I said go look at your list and get all the missing stuff you need to take with. BAM!!! He was done in 15 minutes.  I asked him what he still needed.  I gave him a scout made first aid kit, my sunglasses and fleece Tinkerbell pj pants.  He added the stuff and was done!  I asked him, does it feel good to listen to mom and how does it feel to know you'll be prepared this weekend?  He smiled and I told him it feels good doesn't it? He nods. Then I say next time do it the first time so your prepared!  He then did dishes and cleaned the whole kitchen!  Fabulous! I rewarded him with chocolate covered strawberries!  YUM!

Here's your funny for Friday!  Three of my kids are sitting at the table eating breakfast, no school today and one has been dropped off for snow cave camping. It's the P: 16, almost K:7 and A: 5 year old.

The conversation went something like this.

K: I don't want to eat these.

P: you have to.

K: no I don't.

P: why not they're lil smokies or you can call them sausages.

A: no, they are baby weenies.

K: that's why I don't want to eat them, they might pee all over my plate!!!

What a good laugh for the day!

This week is ending better than last week did!  Coming up this next week, some yummy food recipes I've tried and maybe a craft project or two!

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment