Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pencil Holder

I just got a chance this morning between loads of laundry to finish the pencil holder.  I like the fabric choices my daughter chose.  I'm not too fond of the tutorial I used.  I'm not even going to post the link to it.  I have to make one for my youngest, so I will figure out something better and post it sometime next month!  I can't believe tomorrow is March!  I love March!  I love spring!  Okay enough rambling!  Here's my pictures.


I was so excited I finished this, so I rolled it up and took a picture.  It's sitting on the chair I sit on when I sew.


Here's the front and a peek of the inside.  The rug came from Walmart right around the time we moved here, just in case you were wondering!



It's been stuffed with pencils.  I think the black ribbon needs to be placed a little closer together for shorter pencils and the sewed lines need to be a bit further apart.


Here it is all rolled up.  The tutorial didn't have a closure for it.  I was going to sew a ribbon on it to tie around but forgot when sewing up the ends.  I had to cut a strip of fabric and add on like a binding.  Don't get me wrong it was fun to make.

I have an idea for the next one.  My buddy wants one to cover a coloring book with a pocket for pencils on the inside. (Hope that makes sense.)  I'll work on that sometime in the next few weeks.  I got to go find my bias tape maker so I can get to work on my daughter's quilt that I was going to do in January!  Yikes!  I really want to work on my son's music quilt, but I need to do hers first since that was the goal!  I really need to sew today.  That's my stress reliever.  Have a great day!

Have you made anything from tutorials found online that didn't work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment