Monday, February 11, 2013

Cookies and Cookie Tools!

We're baking up a storm the last few days in our home! I wanted to tell you about some of the things we use to make cookies!

Kids!  I love when my kids want to help! Big ones, little ones! They like it when they get to eat the cookies and I get to clean up!!

Measuring devices, cups and spoons!



And of course the best loved paddle attached to my black Kitchen Aid mixer!  I got this mixer a about 4 years ago when my hubby worked at Boeing.  They gave him safety points for helping create a tool to build the planes.  Then they gave him a layoff notice, he was one of the 10,000 canned. Okay enough of that depressing time.  I want to get the bigger one in red.  I buy a lot of kitchen stuff in red!  It's just a bold color.  Power.

There's more!  Now all the ingredients are tools too!  Must haves for cookies, flour, sugar, powdered sugar!

I'm not using my usual recipe for these sugar cookies.  I wanted to try something different! I hope they are just as yummy!  This is the cookbook I used for the sugar cookies!


I love this cookbook!  So many delicious recipes in it! I have their newest ones too.  I bought this one at Costco before we moved two summers ago.

Here's our cookies!


Somewhere on pintrest I read to use jello for coloring the frosting.  It didn't have directions so I melted about a tablespoon of butter and added about 1/4 of a teaspoon of jello. The jello pretty much dissolved! I used a few more tablespoons of butter,  a dash of milk, and 1-2 cups of powdered sugar (depends on the consistency you desire it). Mix well.



A close up of these yummy cookies!


We made these too! They didn't last long! We made more chocolate chip cookies that I shared with you last week.  Those are gone too!  I have heart shaped pans I am going to dig out to make some other things with!

I hope you all had a great weekend.

What are your favorite cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment