Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring Fever!

I am so excited that the ground hog did not see his shadow this past Saturday!  I am so ready for Spring to arrive!  I have been doing a bit of spring cleaning around here.  Well actually laundry and lots of it!  I love my washing machine and dryer!  I love that I can do a BIG load and get it done quickly and efficiently!

 
Laundry!!
 
This was actually last weeks laundry.  Mostly the little kids!  The teenagers do their own laundry. There's no way I am touching their stinky stuff.  Just imagine turning a dirty sock they wore more than once or their PE clothes from school at the end of the week. Yuck! Yes that is one of the reasons they do their own.  I believe that kids should know how to do their own laundry when they leave the nest for whatever reason it is. I knew how to do my own laundry when I went off to college in another state with no family around.  I actually learned when I was really young.  Practice makes perfect!
 

 
My washing machine!
 
When we moved to Georgia the summer of 2011 we needed a washer and dryer.  Our own. Our rental didn't include laundry, just the room and hook ups.  As soon as we found a place my hubby would go search places and machines.  Ones we liked were at Home Depot, but it was a wait to get them.  Sears had these ones which was just like the ones from Home Depot that he wanted.  A great time to buy appliances is around holidays. There's always almost a sale!  Ours were almost 50% off the regular price!  I love the chimes and the big depth of the washer, the blue lights and the time of how much longer the load will take.
 
Who does the laundry at your home?  Do the kids help?


No comments:

Post a Comment