Monday, January 14, 2013

Craft Magnets

Hi there!  I hope you had a great weekend!

I have an inexpensive craft for you all to make. Here's what you need: glass rocks, Mod Podge, scrapbook paper, scissors, craft sponge or paint brush, magnets, pencil.  Here's a pic of what your making.



Cute huh?!

Here's what the back will look like when its done unless you use different magnets than I did.


Not the perfect looking but they were fun to make.

Directions to make.  First take the scrapbook paper and rock. Trace. Repeat for as many as you want to make.  Cut out those circles on the inside of the lines.  Taking the Mod Podge, brush it onto the flat side of rock.  Now take the cut out scrapbook paper and press against the Mod Podge onto the rock. Brush the backside of the paper with Mod Podge and lay on hard surface to dry.  When dry use super glue to stick a magnet to it.  I used strip magnets.  You can use round ones already cut or whatever you want.

I made mine with Christmas paper from my scrapbook paper stash. The idea came from an email that I get from signing up to get a recipe off of Pintrest.  I get recipes and craft ideas emailed to me daily.  Their idea was Valentines.  They wrote sayings on pastel paper like Be Mine.  Be creative and use your own idea. It could be Valentine's like theirs or Christmas like mine. Maybe some spring flowers or winter snowflakes!

Just a hint to keep it cheap or shall we say affordable, the glass rocks can be found at the Dollar Tree, scrapbook paper, super glue. I got a bag of craft sponges with handles there too.

I used the sparkle Mod Podge.  Not the best thing because you can't see the print, too much glitter in the way!  I also used the bigger rocks.

I just wanted to write about this craft I made so I can make it again someday!  Sometimes I make things and give them away and forget what I've made!

Here's one last close up look!



What kind of crafts have you made lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment