Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BBQ Chicken Dinner

I hope everyone had an awesome Holiday Monday.  My husband loves to BBQ.  I love to eat it!  Here in the Pacific Northwest we have been freezing so we haven't been outside using the grill.  My husband will, but I wont. Not in the freezing cold when it hits 21 degrees during dinner time.  Here's my indoor, use the oven to warm up the house and avoid the outdoor cold, but still enjoy some finger licking good BBQ!  This is my recipe, something I know my kids will eat!



Here we go!

BBQ Chicken Recipe
1 bag of chicken wings/drummettes, frozen
1 bottle of BBQ sauce - I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's brand
handful of brown sugar (approx 3/4 cup)
1 can pineapple, drained (optional - can be made with or without it)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken in pan, sprinkle brown sugar over chicken, now is the time to add the pineapple if using, then squeeze BBQ sauce all over on top. Bake in oven. Every oven cooks differently, it will take 1+ hours to bake. Turn chicken about every half hour spooning sauce over it. When chicken is blackening on top it is done!


Whip up some corn bread too! Perfect with BBQ!


Here's a peek at our dinner plates!


All my kids gobbled this up! They were starving!  The hubby gets dinner when he gets home from work!  Ahh, the cornbread, I think I'll go have another piece before it disappears! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment