Monday, January 28, 2013

Game Day Potatoes!

Last year my hubby said I needed a new cookbook.  I told him to get the newest one by the Pioneer Woman, Bree Drummond.  He didn't listen.  He got the first one by her!  I had tried most the recipes from her blog in that book or things from her show.  He ended up getting the next one for a Christmas present.

One of the first recipes I tried from the most recent book, was a Twice Baked New Potatoes using red potatoes.  These are so delicious!  This recipe is a spin off of her recipe Twice Baked Potatoes found here.

I'll post a picture of the ingredients you need.

Scrub the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.  Bake.  I baked mine longer than the recipe because they were bigger than the ones used.  Let cool. Cut in half, scoop out potato innards leaving some in, about 1/4" or so.  Mix scooped potato with cream cheese, sour cream, chives, garlic, cheese, chives. Scoop back in potato skins.  Bake again till potatoes are browning on top, looking golden.


This is what they look like mixed up before baking.


Here's what they look like when they are done.  You can cook them longer but if they are any browner they would be considered burnt to my kids and wouldn't get eaten.  What a yummy game day appetizer.  Very filling too, can be used as a side dish.


A close up of one of these yummy, cooked potatoes!

Perfect for Superbowl Sunday!  Fast and easy to make!

What are you making for the big game this coming Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment