Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flower Pens

Since it is halfway thru the month I am happy to report my goal for finishing my daughters quilt for her bed is going well.  I actually measured, cut and sewed the backing pieces for it.  I'm excited to get it finished.  I worked on something fun recently and want to share it.  I joined a craft swap and want to share what I made.  It was tons of fun!  I made flower pens!  Valentine's Day is coming up and who doesn't love flowers?  What's better is flower pens; they wont ever wilt...well maybe they might run out of ink! They wont smell if your allergic to flowers, but if you do want them to smell just spray perfume on them!

Here's what you'll need.



Flowers!!



Duck Tape!!


You'll also need pens, wire cutters and some scissors.

Let's get started!



Use the wire cutters to cut near the bottom of the stem where the bunch all meets together.  Rip off or cut a strip of duck tape, a little more than a foot long.  Cut it in half.  Take one strip of duck tape, a pen and a flower just like the photo above. Press the tape down and start to wrap it. Just like this next photo.



Wrap it all the way down to the base of the pen right before it angles to the point.  If the tape isn't long enough rip off another piece and connect & continue wrapping.  Repeat for as many pens you'd like.


Here's a peek at what mine turned out like.  Now go find a nice vase for them.


My vase I bought at the Dollar Tree was too big so I used this old jelly jar.

I bought the pens and flowers at the Dollar Tree.  Duck Tape came from Walmart.  You could also check Michael's or JoAnn's for supplies.  Now when done go surprise someone you love with a bouquet of flowers!

Have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment