Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Lucky Pennies

My youngest is always excited to find spare change. He really likes quarters and gumball machines!  One day when I found a few pennies I told him to pick them up and he would have a lucky day. He picked up the money and told me he was going to have three lucky days since there were three pennies!  Anyways I started this cup of change last month.  Whatever I find in the laundry, grocery shopping etc...it all goes in the cup!



This is what the cup looks like!



Kind of sneaky with all the stuff in there too!  I got almost ten bucks in it!  I told my hubby about my hopes for this money cup.  He said it can be an emergency gas tank fund.  I told him vacation or maybe emergency preparedness fund money.  I really want it to be vacation money!   If the money isn't enough to go out of state on an actual vacation for spring break we'll at least be able to have a "stay cation" and do something fun.


Do you have a money cup? Swearing jar? Cup fund of some type?   What do you do with the change you find when out and about in the community?  Please comment, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment